Default Coming To A Boat Near You?

OlBlueEyes wrote:
Don White wrote in
:

Should be a 'federal' regulation. That way a tourist could expect a bare
minimum of protection wherever they go.

Everything the 9/11 hijackers carried onboard was legal. So much for
federal regulations providing "a bare minimum of protection".

It amazes me how many people who have utter contempt for George Bush or
Ted Kennedy want THEM dictating what we must wear on a tour boat.

It is now coming to light that a contributing factor to the tour boat
tragedy
was the boat owner attempting to get by on the cheap. He was required
to have a skipper and two crewpersons aboard- but too damn cheap to pay
for crew (or remotely possible just unable to find some) he ordered the
boat to set out short handed. Hope he's happy with the few extra bucks
he made. How many would an additional two trained crew persons have
managed to save? If even one person, the cheap arse boat owner has
blood on his wallet.

Would someone keeping watch have been able to warn the pilot of the
large wake in time for him to change his angle of approach?

All the pfd's in the world won't save people from a profiteering
******* trying to make some extra bucks by ignoring safety regulations.