Hi Muzz:
Peter has the numbers right on.
I have seen two variants here in Canada. One had a key hole cockpit and
one a sea cockpit. ( The latter is tiny and fat stiff old guys like me
have trouble gettin in there. : )) .
They are a very fast streight line boat, a little tippy, they have a
built in permanent following skeg affair that I have seen cut off to
accomodate handling. You have to lean pretty well to turn this
creature.
The Nordcap ( absurd as this sounds ) is likely the best known kayak in
the world. It is a venerable old design.
I would look closely bdefore I dropped 500 to 1,000 quid on one though.
I have an Explorer that has some miles on it, a Capella that is the
same. If you asked NDK what a four year old explorer goes for they may
say 1,200 quid or so, My boat likely has 20 years of normal use in
four; and though it is maintained well it is rough and I should not
expect more that 750 Quid for it on a good day.. My Capella is 7 years
old and , well P & H would be disturbed to see what I have done to her.
P & H Capellas in plastic go for five or 600 pounds here, mine should
fetch no better than 400 pound, perhaps less.
These are experienced craft.
The fact they are selling a Nordcap would suggest to me that its owner
had similar experience, as does the boat.
In reasonable shape I would love a Nordcap as a distance running boat
in our seas; but I would not replace the NDK Explorer with it.
What I am saying with too many words is If you are experienced she is a
great boat. If you are not familiiar with Nordcap you are likely not
yet suited for it and it may indeed chase you from the sport,
especially with that sea cockpit.
Good luck
Alex.