Doug

"Larry" wrote in message

We used to have one when I was in the Navy that could easily see the Moon.
You had to pulse the display manually so the trace would keep running but
there it was....the return from the Moon...very plainly seen.

--
Larry

The Navy used moonbounce communications back in the 70s...a dish on a
modified gun mount with a TV camera pointed at the moonlight at the
feedhorn...the gun mount moved to keep the camera on the brightest light and
the dish remained on target for moonbounce regardless of ship rolls. Off
course when the moon went below the horizon, communications ceased.
I bet Jack in Maine remembers this system.
73
Doug K7ABX