Courtney Thomas

Larry,

Don't believe I used the word cheap anywhere :-) though I don't ascribe to
the view that quality inherently correlates with quality.

Maybe a better way to pose the intent of my question might have been...
a competitively favorable price. I also did not imply anything deficient,
only favorably priced and sufficient. In other words, in the replying
poster's opinion, what is a source for a sufficient kit at a competitively
favorable price.

If a person was so lacking in judgment as to allow price alone to dictate
their choice in this matter, I doubt they would even bother with a kit to
begin with ;-)

But having read many of your previous posts, I assume you are trying to
help those that are so remiss as to be 1st Aid challenged in the first
place, avoid further mishap.

My hope is that I'm not as inept as I apparently appear...

Thank you for your suggestions.

Cordially,

Courtney

I worry about "a reasonable price", myself. What's "a reasonable price"
when the wife has cut off her finger 50 miles from shore? What's "a
reasonable price" when something is wrong with the kids? What's "a
reasonable price" when Dad is incapacitated, usually the only REAL sailor
aboard who can handle her, the wife not strong enough and the kids not
allowed?

Nope...First Aid, just like the liferaft, ditch bag, GPS-enabled 406 Mhz
EPIRB and other safety equipment is no time to get CHEAP. If you can't
afford good safety equipment...you shouldn't be "out there". Go by the
safety-at-sea shop and buy the right stuff. Take it back to them for
proper refit at the interval they tell you.....just like the liferaft and
flares.

If it's a daysailor/dock condo...disregard this message...(c;