johnhh

Unfortunately, this sort of subjectiveness is the norm for all advertising.
I find it increasingly difficult to do any sort of objective product
evaluations based on the information provided by the manufacturers. Even if
the meaningful data is there, I burnout by the time I wade through all the
marketing BS. I don't know how they can write so much and say so little.

"Dave" wrote in message

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 11:41:06 -0400, Jeff said:

There's nothing wrong with bronze:

This phrase struck me: "safer and more durable than lead." So just how
many
people have gotten lead poisoning from using a sounding lead? How many
lead
sounding weights have disintegrated from corrosion?

Are they simply playing upon the willingness of enviros to accept
unsupported fairy tales?