Denis Marier

There are no proper First Aid Kit to be bought only a convenient one.
Before investing in a First Aid Kit I would take a marine first aid course.
Then if you are doing lots of coastal cruising and long passage making an
advance first aid course is an asset. After having your first aid course a
yearly refresher is a good investment. FWIW

"Don White" wrote in message
Steve wrote:
I thought I was doing the correct thing and purchased a commercial 1st

aid
kit that was recommended for commercial/contractor work sites. Cost $100

and
when I broke the seal the 1st time for a band aid, I found the metal

case
packed so tight that it was near impossible to return the package to

it's
location. In the process I looked for a disinfectant to clean the minor
wound. None there. Not even any Iodine or medical scrub or alcohol. No
ointments for burns or bites. Just a hundred bucks worth of crap.

snip...

Reminds me of the 1st Aid kits placed around our work areas. Back in
the early '80s I had a paper cut and wanted a band-aid. None was to be
found in the kits so I went to the manager responsible for refilling .
He was hiding all the band-aids in his desk. He felt that employees
were 'stealing' the band-aids and decided he wasn't going to replace them.