Steve

For my head sail sheets (without thimbles or other hardware) I put them in a
large knit laundry bag and wash them in my domestic washing machine. Mild
soap is good enough.

I don't recommend drying or even tumbling them in the dryer. Too much
abrasion ( I would suspect).

I don't know of any method of softening up anchor line which has been in sea
water for a period of time. The heavy line seems to retain the S/W and that
seems to make the line stiff.

--
My experience and opinion, FWIW
--

"Denis Marier" wrote in message
Is there an easy way to clean sheets.
I have tried soaking them in soapy water for 48 hours with poor results.
The other thing that I am having a hard time to clean is the mooring
pennant. At the end of the season (mid October) the mooring pennant is
full
of scum accompanied with marine growth.