Evan Gatehouse

Glenn Ashmore wrote:
The new Yanmar 4JH4E is now sitting in the cockpit ready to be installed.
All the ancillary equipment, water heater, water lift, strainers, compressor
and pumps are mounted. Now I have to face one last challenge. The engine
compartment is lined with Soundown and all openings are gasketted but I
still have lots of wires, hoses and filters to install before the engine
goes in. How do I mount the wire looms and hose carriers over the Soundown
without destroying its insulation properties?

It's an imperfect world. You can install little standoffs
that protrude through the insulation.

It's going to be tricky now that the insulation is in place.
If you can, pick one side of the compartment to mess up
and keep the other sides pristine. If I was in your
position, I'd use a row of little fiberglass "U" shaped
standoffs, screw or glass one side of the "U" to the
compartment, the bottom of the U protrudes through the
insulation, and the other face is available for fastening.
There are commercial cable trays etc. but they are bulky,
and being steel or aluminum, tend to transmit sound better
than GRP.

Or run everything in one upper corner of the compartment?

Evan Gatehouse