Steve Lusardi

Glenn,
The only answer to this I have seen is studs. For commercial marine use,
there are 2 types available. One is adhesive and the other is weldable. In
both cases, they are installed before the insulation and the insulation is
applied over the top puncturing the insulation, then the head is threaded on
to the stud and there are different types of heads. The studs are sound
transmitters so the part extending beyound the soundproofing must be
insulated as well. Check with your local ship chandlers in your area. If you
have no luck, let me know and I will source some for you.
Steve

"Glenn Ashmore" wrote in message
The new Yanmar 4JH4E is now sitting in the cockpit ready to be installed.
All the ancillary equipment, water heater, water lift, strainers,
compressor and pumps are mounted. Now I have to face one last challenge.
The engine compartment is lined with Soundown and all openings are
gasketted but I still have lots of wires, hoses and filters to install
before the engine goes in. How do I mount the wire looms and hose
carriers over the Soundown without destroying its insulation properties?

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com