Eisboch

"trainfan1" wrote in message
Doug Kanter wrote:

My parents had a 47 ft Concord many years ago. If the whole family (2
adults, 2 teens, 1 litle kid) stood on one side, the boat leaned very
slightly. This is conjecture, but 48 people on a 40 ft boat, with unknown
hull design, big wake (maybe) from another boat, and passengers perhaps
on an uppper deck...who knows what might happen? It'll be interesting to
see how this story develops.

Here's the boat:

http://www.lakegeorgeshoreline.com/b...thanallen.html

Rob

You know, although I read that the official capacity of this boat was 50
people, it just doesn't look like it should be rated that high.

My boat's official LOA is just over 52' and has a 15' beam. The maximum
number of people I've ever had on it while underway was twenty-one that
included me, Mrs. E. and my brother as crew and, sixteen 10-16 year olds
from a local home for mentally challenged kids, plus two adult chaperones
from the home. We were checked out by the local USCG before getting underway
and escorted by them and the local harbormaster boats during the one hour
cruise. It was a boatfull of people on a 52' boat.

I can't imagine having more than double that many people on it while
underway on a boat that is 12 feet smaller.

Eisboch