Lee Yeaton

Default Fireworks on the Chesapeake?

"Trevor Miller" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Any recommendations on launching in this vicinity?

-trevor

The ramp on Boston Street is the closest, you can see the fort from the
ramp, but there is limited parking. Room for 2 boats on the ramp and it's
free. I think it's open 24 hours.

Another choice is the ramp by Harbor Hospital at the intersection on Hanover
Street and Waterview Ave. It's a quick 4 or 5 minute ride to the fort.
Four decent ramps, free, lots of parking, open 24 hours.

Both launch into speed controlled areas so waves are minimum.

There is another ramp about 10 to 15 minutes away at Ft. Armistead. If the
others are full this ramp is usually not. It launches into the N. Patapsco
which gets real rough by the Key bridge. But there is a new jetty to divert
some waves, it is definitely an improvement from when I used it last.

I would try Boston Street first since it's right across the harbor, then the
ramp at Harbor Hospital.

When are you going to be in Baltimore? You could look me up. Always have a
cold beer aboard for a fellow rec.boats member.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.chesapeakeboating.com

the boats of rec.boats