Boots

also, put a bucket of Mr. Melt or stuff like it in the boat.
It will absorb all the moisture. Did it for 17 years with
our 34' house boat and had no problems.
Capt. boots
"Don White" wrote in message
Bryan wrote:
I will be leaving my Sea Ray 185 parked in my driveway

this winter (we're
about 50 to 60 miles north of San Francisco.

What do I need to do to keep it from developing a mold and

mildew problem
over the winter?

The boat has snap-in carpet and a boat cover. It will get

very little use
during the winter, but might see a day or two on the

water.

Any tips for my first winter with a boat will be

appreciated.

I bought a large canvas tarp to cover my sailboat last year.
Used the
mast as a ridgepole and made sure air could circulate the
entire length
of the boat. That is...it was open at both ends for air to
blow in. Not
a hint of mildew in a damp seaside climate.