RG

Default BOATS?!?! EITHER CHANGE THE F@#$$%& NAME OR TALK ABOUT BBBOOOOAAATTTTSSSSSS!!!!!!

Longest single stretch
ever on one of those trips was from Des Moines, Iowa to Westport, CT in 28

hours
straight through. I had planned to stop overnight in Columbus, OH, but

when I
got there, the guy I was going to visit was out of town. I just kept

going. Look
on a map and see what it was. Those were the days!

Using today's roads, that's 1165 miles according to Garmin's City Select
mapping and routing software. Covering that in 28 hours yields an average
speed including any and all stops of 41.6 mph. Sounds about right. Makes
my butt sore just thinking about it. As a younger guy, I used to drive
about 75-80k miles a year (in a car) on business. Much of that was done in
1200+ mile non-stop marathons. Probably couldn't do it today if I had to.
I still enjoy cross country driving, but I'm no longer conditioned for the
24 hour runs. Although the equipment I drive today sure would have been
nice to have back then.