Short Wave Sportfishing

Default BOATS?!?! EITHER CHANGE THE F@#$$%& NAME OR TALK ABOUT BBBOOOOAAATTTTSSSSSS!!!!!!

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 02:14:52 GMT, wrote:

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 01:38:47 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 20:27:31 -0500, "jaypoe"
wrote:

Or guitars and motorcycles of coarse.

I still have a Gretsch Country Gentleman autographed by Chet Atkins.
My favorite quitar of all time is the pre-CBS Stratocaster and the
Ovation Custom Balladeer that I own.

Later,

GUITARS! One wall of my living room is hung with quite a collection. Mostly
custom built "one-offs". Among them is Les Paul's Les Paul. He gave it to me
one night after a gig. I'm sure there are other people who can say the same, as
he likes to trade guitars and war stories. I started playing in 1957. In a
previous life, I was a pretty busy pick up player on both coasts. I was also
pretty heavily involved in motorcycles. Even owned a motorcycle shop for awhile
in California in the early 70's as a sideline. I used to ride solo cross country
between CA and CT in 4 days each way to visit the folks. Longest single stretch
ever on one of those trips was from Des Moines, Iowa to Westport, CT in 28 hours
straight through. I had planned to stop overnight in Columbus, OH, but when I
got there, the guy I was going to visit was out of town. I just kept going. Look
on a map and see what it was. Those were the days!

When I was still playing, I was traveling through Nashville and
stopped to go to a Oprey show. As it happened, I had my Gretsch with
me and saw Mr. Atkins in a resturant. I just took matters to hand and
walked up to him asking if he would be kind enough to autograph it for
me. He looked at me and said "Son, you bring it here I'll not only
autograph it, I'll play." Took me all of three seconds (ok, maybe
not, but still I hustled out to the car) to get the guitar and the
rest is history. He signed it "To Tom, all the best - Chet Atkins"
and then proceeded to play "Yankee Doodle" and "Moonlight in
Vermont".

I'm looking at it as we speak....er... type.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT

Basic Fishing Program: