Lee Yeaton

Default Fireworks on the Chesapeake?

"Trevor Miller" wrote in message
ervers.com...
Any good fireworks to be seen via boat around the Chesapeake bay for Labor
Day?

-trevor

Fort McHenry has fireworks a few times a year, They are having them the
weekend after Labor day for Defenders Day.
http://www.nps.gov/fomc/calendar04.htm

Fireworks in the Inner Harbor are great on the Forth of July. but, the
Harbor is really crowded. A few years ago you could almost walk across the
harbor the boats were so tight.

Drunks are all over the harbor on the 4th. I've seen many boats getting
stopped for drinking. Many arrests too. The ramps on Boston Street and
Waterview Ave. are fun to watch after the fireworks. It's total bedlam when
hundreds of boats rush to get there first.

The past 2 years I've stayed in my slip in the Inner Harbor. The set the
fireworks off right off our main pier. You almost have to look straight up
to see them.

- - - - -
Lee Yeaton
www.thebayguide.com