Short Wave Sportfishing

Default Does Boat Color Matter For Fishing

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 09:42:03 -0500, "Gene Kearns"
wrote:

On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 13:01:16 GMT, Short Wave Sportfishing
wrote:

My personal opinion is that you buy the boat that you like. If you
are happy with the way the boat looks, then you will probably be happy
period and have a good time with it.

I can attest to this personally - I purchased a used 2001 Ranger 200C
Sportfisherman with low hours over a brand new 2300 Bay Ranger because
(1) It was white with blue accents and georgeous looking on the
trailer and (2) it was white with blue accents and georgeous looking
in the water. To use a phrase, it looks like it wants to go fast and
catch fish. I would have preferred the 2300, but the available colors
were gaudy and the boat looked like a box on the trailer and in the
water.

Your post reminded me that in order to sell fishing lures, you don't
have to catch fish..... you only have to catch fishermen!

LOL!!!

That's it in essence.

I'm getting a big giggle out of some of the more recent marketing "red
flash" schemes. And not Matsuko is offering a red "sickle" hook which
is nothing more than a circle hook with a bend in it. I've been using
red hooks, lures and tubes for freakin' years!!!!

I'm glad somebody got smart and started making a red line. I've had
to dye mine for years.

And you are right - the whole marketing approach is to catch the
person who catches the fish.

Later,

Tom
S. Woodstock, CT