Clams Canino

Default How to measure service...

I know that place *well*.

They are the only shop of the kind in our immediate area, and usually
overwhelmed.

Starcraft makes a good boat - worth the effort to buy one LOL.

If you go back ask for Randy and tell him "Wayne the inline 6 guy" told you
to ask for him. Let him know you're "interested in buying a boat" - they
are so busy there, that using the magic words will make sure you pique the
interest. They get a lot of "browsers".

They don't have any trained salesmen per se. like you'd expect at a car
dealer. And being the only game in town leaves them in a position to be
rather blase' about the whole thing. On the bright side there's no
hi-pressure sales. You "buy" a boat - you don't "get sold" one.

I'd rate them as unremarkably "average" and this *is* the busy season. Get
a commitment that if you have any warrany issues that you'll get moved ot
the front of the line. They have at least one mechanic there that's a
real cut above the rest.

-W

"alincoln" wrote in message
om...
Hi,

Another newbie question. A lot of people on this news group talk
about finding a good marina and/or marine shop with a good service
dept. after the sale. My question is how does one investigate this?
I know today I stopped in at Owens Marine in Hooksett, NH and I
pratically had to drag info on boats and prices out of a sales
person...

I ended up walking the lot by myself, no sales person showed up. I
had to ask the parts department where to find the literature on
Starcraft boats. When I finished walking the lot those same parts
people had to call a salesperson to the floor so I could ask prices.

Is this an indicator of service after the sale as well? Bottom
line...I didn't get a warm and fuzzy from this place, BUT I also know
that Sales department do not a marine shop make...if you get my
drift...

tia,

adym
.