Peggie Hall

Default Tank Level Meters: Headmistress (Peggy)?

Yeah, WestMarine has it for $215CDN. But, first, I'm a bit of a Patriot:
I like to Buy Canadian when I can (even if the product is from the US).

Can't fault you for that...but there is a limit!

When I owned my company, many of our Canadian customers rented US
addresses from places like Mailboxes Etc...some went together with dock
mates and took turns coming across to pick up stuff they ordered from
us, WM etc. How often they came over depended on how close they lived to
the border...but compared to the outrageous jump from domestic to
international shipping rates just to drive across a bridge and the
exhorbitant "customs brokerage fees," a lot of 'em didn't think 100
miles was too far to come, especially if they could take turns with the
other folks using that address and only have to do it once every month
or so to pick up everything they'd all bought.

Just an idea...

Peggie
----------
Peggie Hall
Other Sources of Aggravation and Odor"
http://shop.sailboatowners.com/detai...=400&group=327

And second, I've had some terrible experiences lately buying from the
US. Specifically:
1. A $1200 package from Edson in Eastern US, shipped FedEx ground. Cost me
$100 in brokerage fees (not including shipping), took 6 weeks, and an hr's
long-distance phone calls to Toronto.
2. Five $2.50US solar cells ended up costing $50. Yes, the shipping and
brokerage cost MORE than the material!

(Note that none of this had any duty or taxes: these are all shipping,
handling, customs and brokerage "fees")

So I'm not too keen about buying stuff from the US. I will show SM&H the
WestMarine website and SnakeRiver.org's suggested retail and see if
they'll match the price.

Lloyd