DSK

Default ICW may be shut down.

....If the fiscal burden of paying for the ICW is
levied specifically on users, all other taxes should go down, right?

Gene Kearns wrote:
You could make the same argument for hard surfaced roads. Would you?

Absolutely. Are you suggesting that we should pay for things twice?

FWIW I agree with your other posts stating that the ICW benefits all and
thus a wide based tax support is fair. My post quoted above was a
specific reply and may not have been worded very clearly.

It doesn't change the issue as I see it: the gov't has already levied &
is already collecting tax money intended to support the ICW (and other
infrastructure); the problem is reallocation of these resources.

Maybe if Halliburton picked up the dredging contract, Bush & Cheney
would the ICW a much higher priority

DSK