DSK

Default ICW may be shut down.

del cecchi wrote:
Maybe we should have tolls or permits or licences to use ICW? Collect
from every boat. $50 for less than 20 feet, $250 for less than 28 feet,
$1000 for 36 feet. Some appropriate price for commercial vessels. Add
daily and weekly options and away you go. Why should the poor folks
money be spent on recreation for the rich? Folks should pay their own
way.

Well, we already do. If the fiscal burden of paying for the ICW is
levied specifically on users, all other taxes should go down, right?

The problem is that the gov't is already collecting the money and
spending it on something else... now they have to go and collect more money.

Check on the Wallop-Breaux fund, it's sources and disposition.

Personally, I wouldn't mind paying a user fee for the ICW if that meant
1- it would actually be maintained to a consistent and reliable standard
and 2- my fee also entailed a license to plunder anybody using the ICW
who had dodged paying it.

DSK