captkeywest

Default Dania Marine Flea Market, the deals I got...

heres their link,

http://www.albehrendt.com/dmfm.htm

I attended Friday, Sat, and Sunday.

Bought a Dacor Sportster BC (shown bottom of page at this random link)

http://www.sharkyscuba.com/divegear-bcd2.html

for $65, looks new, guy says he took two scuba lessons in a pool then
had heart problems and couldn't continue. I had been hoping to get a
new XXL BC and when I saw this one it was the deal of the day
(Friday!)--he had already sold his regulator and tank. My old sherwood
silhouette XL must be 15 Years old and has served me well but the last
couple years I have been doing more winter diving and with the layers
of wetsuit I wear in the winter the XL gets tight when inflated at the
surface. If the front coming through turns out to be weak enough I
plan on diving the Adolphus Bush this weekend & wearing the Dacor.

Busch Wreck :

http://reef-divers.com/busch.htm

The next major deal was also dive equipment.

One vendor had about a dozen underwater scooters by this manufacturer:

http://www.scuba.com/shop/diving.asp...ER-RAY-SCOOTER

They were new and had $150 written on the box in magic marker. I have
never used a DPV otherwise known as dive propulsion vehicle mostly
because retail they run humdreds of dollars, Kmart in Marathon sells
the Tiger Ray for $400.00.

I don't think they sold any thursday OR Friday and just before close I
was looking at masks at the same vendors booth and heard one of the
employees say they were going to reduce the price to $100 on Saturday
to get rid of them. I got to tell ya I was REALLY tempted at $150 to
buy ONE. But when I heard the guy say $100, I gave him a hundred on
the spot. The next morning I went back and bought two more !

I bought three and I think two vendor cleaned them out cause they were
gone by mid morning. I saw one of the scooters at another booth on
sunday and walked up just as a buyer was counting out $20 bills to the
vendor. He paid the guy $200.. so the vendor doubled his money. Mine
arent for sale, they are 12v so I should be able to charge them when
out on my sailboat and I plan on having a blast with some dive buddies
this summer........

There is an incredible amount of stuff at the DMF & I look fwd to going
again next year !