Mark Browne

Default use Biodiesel, OPEC get a life.

"thunder" wrote in message
news
On Fri, 20 Feb 2004 08:05:34 -0500, Scott Downey wrote:

At least we have a renewable source of fuel, so when the oil runs out in
OPEC land, we can grow our own in farmlands, mostly from soybeans.
It is a good proven solution to the eventual loss of fossil fuel.

Not really. Modern agriculture is heavily petroleum intensive
(pesticides, fertilizers, etc). The harvest of most crops use more energy
than the potential return. We have become far to dependent on oil. If
there is even a small amount of truth in what the doomsayers are saying,
our grandchildren face a very serious problem.

http://www.lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

Also see the book "Hubbert's Peak : The Impending World Oil Shortage" for
the original source.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

Mark Browne