Scott Downey

Default use Biodiesel, OPEC get a life.

From what I read there is less wear on the injection system.
A big plus for boaters and environment is cleaner exhaust that smells like
sort of like french fries cooking.
Also biodegrades quicker the dyno oil if spilled.
At least we have alternatives to OPEC
I dont know anything about the filter issue. I did see a program on the
discovery channel about the future of internal combustion and biodiesel is a
possible alternative fuel.

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
k.net...

"Bert Robbins" wrote in message

"Scott Downey" wrote in message
http://www.pipeline.to/biodiesel/cost.html

From your link: "The economic model indicated that Biodiesel blends

could
be
utilized at as little as 3.2 cents more per mile driven than petroleum
diesel * an amount easily offset by other savings."

It appears that bio-diesel is cheaper than dyno-diesel. What are the

"other
savings?"

Bert

Says that Bio-diesel in more expensive than dino. To the tune of about 30
cents a gallon on a 20 mile per gallon vehicle. Now since dino diesel is
about $1.60 gallon here in NorCal that is an about 19% increase in cost.

Do
I have to change filters and oil more often? Does in lub the injector

pump
properly?
Bill