Lloyd Sumpter

Default Tank Level Meters: Headmistress (Peggy)?

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:11:35 +0000, Lloyd Sumpter wrote:

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 19:14:38 +0000, Peggie Hall wrote:

Lloyd Sumpter wrote:
Hi,
Peggy, I bought your book (waiting for delivery...), and have taken all
your advice in installing a holding tank in my Catalina 36:

Anyway, my question: There are lots of tank level "meters" around. Can
I just use a fuel-tank "sender" (float on a lever)? Or, there are some
that have patches that stick on the outside of the tank for Empty, 1/2,
3/4, full etc. Do they work? There was one for about $250CDN that did this
- looked like it would do the job (and for the water tanks as well!) but
iirc the one you recommend is about $1000?

Noooo...the one you want is the Snake River Electronics AcuGage
(http://www.snake-river.org)...nowhere NEAR $1,000. The senders do
indeed go on the outside of any tank that isn't metal (internal senders
for metal tanks)...a system that will handle up to 4 tanks, including
water, waste and diesel, would be about $250 CDN.

Neither the internal nor external senders ever come in contact with the
tank contents...so they can't clog or corrode...nor are there any moving
parts to fail. I've 'em still working on boats after 15+ years--the only
gauge I've ever found that lasts more than about 5 years--if that long.

Thanks! Yes, it looks like I can get the LED-4 module for around $250
(plus $60 or so for the "diesel module").

Correction: Called Steveston Marine and they had a LED-4 kit for $296
(incl tax). The diesel module was $231 (???). And the Fancy System (Ultra
8) would be about $850 including tax (getting close to that $1000 I mentioned...)

The Joys of living in Canada...

Lloyd