Don White

Default Tank Level Meters: Headmistress (Peggy)?

Wow wee!
Someone must be 'full of it' to spend that much on a holding system :-)

Lloyd Sumpter wrote in message
news
Hi,
Peggy, I bought your book (waiting for delivery...), and have taken all
your advice in installing a holding tank in my Catalina 36:

- Using the High-Test (expensive!) no-odour hose
- All fittings on the top of the tank
- 1/2" expensive plastic for the tank
- two vents (3/4") on opposite corners for flo-through ventilation
- tank is big. It really is. Big. How big? 132 litres (about 34 US Gal)

Anyway, my question: There are lots of tank level "meters" around. Can
I just use a fuel-tank "sender" (float on a lever)? Or, there are some
that have patches that stick on the outside of the tank for Empty, 1/2,
3/4, full etc. Do they work? There was one for about $250CDN that did this
- looked like it would do the job (and for the water tanks as well!) but
iirc the one you recommend is about $1000?

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36