bushman

Larry:
I think you are right that I do have injector issues, but I think they are
just old. The engine starts as soon as the key is turned. The only smoke is
a black puff when you floor it and maybe a little black when at full
throttle. The prop is clean and from all acounts was correctly sized by the
boat builder 17X17. Hull speed is reached at about 2K at one gallon per
hour, full throttle in gear is 3K, in nuetral is 4K+ (max rpm per Perkins).
My plan is to replace the injectors myself then hire a mechanic to adjust
the valves and check the pump timing. I hope this will get me more economy
as I have more than enough power now. The more I work on it the more I think
of pulling it out and rebuilding. The savings in leaking oil would pay for
it in 5 years or so.
- Allen