sherwindu

Bryan,
Spread around some anti-mildew packets around the boat. They are supposed to
last about 3 months, but you can extend that by only partially opening their packaging. They are
made by a company called Starbrite and are now on sale at
West Marine for $5.97 a package of two packets. I have used these when storing my boat in the
Florida Keys. You don't want to open the boat while in storage or you will dillute the effect of
the packets, and definitely air it out when it comes out of storage. I was using about 4 to 6
packets for my 22 footer. Now I am back in the
chilly Great Lakes, so I will use much less of the stuff this winter.

Sherwin D.

Bryan wrote:

I will be leaving my Sea Ray 185 parked in my driveway this winter (we're
about 50 to 60 miles north of San Francisco.

What do I need to do to keep it from developing a mold and mildew problem
over the winter?

The boat has snap-in carpet and a boat cover. It will get very little use
during the winter, but might see a day or two on the water.

Any tips for my first winter with a boat will be appreciated.