bb

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:27:06 GMT, Don White
wrote:

Now our skipper is getting me interested.
Here's the latest sailboat he's interested in... a 1966 Bristol 32.
I'd appreciate any comments from those familiar with this model.
http://tinyurl.com/7rlj4

thanks again for all who have offered comments on the Hughes 36 and the
Cal 34

Rock solid old boat. Ted Hood design if I'm not mistaken. Great full
keel cruiser but very small interior. Narrow beam, lot's of overhang,
a mans boat. Built before women were brought along and started
insisting on silly things like comfort or storage. Certainly the
smallest of the three boats you've mentioned, and the best built. The
Bristol will definitely have the classic appeal over the other two. I
didn't see your post about the Hughes 36 but if that was the old
Columbia 10.7 that's a damned nice boat also, and a lot roomier. The
Cal 34 would make the best "round the buoy" boat, but it's not in the
class of the other two as far as construction goes.

bb