thunder

Default OT The Conservative Brain

On Tue, 05 Aug 2003 13:14:50 +0000, Dave Hall wrote:

The founding fathers on our constitiution recognized this tendancy,
and that's why they created our system of checks and balances.
That's also why we have things like "term limits". I noticed that
Bill Clinton, of all people, has been making noise about removing or
modifying that limit, as of late. I don't see much good to come from
that.

I've never understood the reasoning behind term limits. If we are
doing our job as an electorate, an ineffective legislature would be
gone. In a democracy, we do get the leadership we deserve. It
seems to me, all term limits do is limit our choices, in the rare
case we actually get an effective and honorable leader.