DSK

We checked out a Fleming at Trawlerfest a few years ago. They are
impressive boats. In fact, one of the few boats I've been on that looked
like a textbook example of how to do it right.

wrote:
I seldom write 2700 words about a "walk thru".

Not sure what you mean, but the Flemings are indeed very nice boats.
Usually when my wife & I check out a boat, we take an hour or more (if
it's worth looking at, it's worth looking at *all* of it) and give it a
closer inspection than many surveyors. Did you lay down and slide your
head under the dash to look at the comm cable supports under the pilot's
displays? Check the fuel piping mounts for strain relief? Remove any
access panels to see what the structural tabbing looked like? Etc etc...

I wasn't just trying to make polite blah-blah about it being a nice
boat. Nor was I trying to minimize your review.

BTW have you ever been on an Oyster?

Don't want or need a personal boat over about 40-feet, and I wouldn't
want to attempt to rearrange things financially to even begin making a
few payments on a boat with a 7-figure price tag, but if I were a
serious prospect for a trawler in this price and size category my
"short list" would very likely include this boat.

Me too. It's got a bit too much draft for us, for one thing. But it's a
lovely boat that also wins my approval as an engineer. A rare thing.

Fair Skies
Doug King