NOYB

Default depth finder issues

Most transducers are made by the same company. Mine has an adjustment to
alter the force needed to break it loose. Have you checked if there's an
adjustment?

"Lloyd Sumpter" wrote in message
On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:00:35 +0000, FishFan wrote:

I have a Garmin that worked fine at speed for awhile but then began

cutting out
at planing speed. Turns out the cheap plastic release mechanism (and

that's
making it sound more complex then it is)that allows the transducer to

swing up
if you hit something was relasing with very little load - like the load

applied
at planing speeds.

That's EXACTLY what happened to the transom-mount Humminbird on my

Campion!
Sounds like a common problem...

Lloyd Sumpter
(previously) "Valkyrie" Campion 18