"Gordon" wrote:
What's best in the 21 to 23 range?

Depends on your definition of "best". You want fast? Pointing
ability? Easy maintenance? Shallow draft? Lots of cabin space? Lots of
cockpit space? Status? Low cost? Bullet proof hull?
Everybody has different priorities and definitions of "best".

Catalina has made a gazillion C22's. Must say
something for them, altho some say they're not the best sailers.

Depends on your definition of "best".
C22s are fun little boats and they sail "nicely" for all but a few
serious racers and some armchair sailors/critics. I owned one and have
regretted selling it many times. They're inexpensive, low maintenance,
and have a good owner's network. Racing as a class, everybody's in the
same boat (pun intended) as far as pointing ability and speed.

Anyhow, I could say the same for quite a few other boats as well. Just
depends.

Rick