Nigel

"Evan Gatehouse" wrote in message
Nigel wrote:
Not sure how relevant this is but, I have a 12ft Zodiac inflatable with a
15hp 2 stroke Mercury outboard (weights about 35kg) I use it as a
tender to a sail boat. When I'm launching from the shore, and I can walk
up behind it, it's easy to fit. When I'm lauching it from the sail boat
and I need to lift it off the deck (4ft freeboard) , and mount it on the
transom from aboard the dinghy it's much harder, but not impossible. I
working on a method of lowering it with the boom direct onto the transom.

How about a dedicated little outboard motor crane. Lots of folks make
them, Garelick (I think) got a practical sailor "best buy"

Evan Gatehouse

I have thought of that, but I've already got a main boom and a staysail
boom. I like to keep the number of "bits of kit" to a minimum, so I'd prefer
to use one, or both of these. I think all I'll need is a spare block and
tackle, and a means of holding the boom steady.