Paul Schilter

Default Battery Life question

Capt.
Them poor batteries, subjected to northern Florida conditions! I can
feel their pain up here in Michigan as it was -10F this morning. :-)
Paul

"Capt Frank Hopkins" wrote in message
ink.net...

Hi Jeff,
You can have a battery load tested at most battery stores (Maybe even
Sam's). This will indicate the life/load remaining. House batteries are
notorious for going bad over winter. They don't like freezing cold, being
run low on electrolyte, or not being trickle charged over extended

periods.
Last year (July), I installed "Optima" brand, maintenance free batteries

in
my cruiser. I will let the group know about the lifespan results later in
the year. So far, they have worked well in north Florida conditions.
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"Messing In Boats" wrote in message
I've got a two year old house bank of two Group 27B's. (the 27B's are
supposed to be a little bit better than a plain Group 27) Last summer
they seemed to loose their ability to keep my refrigerator and anchor
light working as long as they used to and I'm wondering if they are

shot
or not. They have gotten a lot of use these last two years, so I won't
whine too much if they are gone, but I would hate to replace them if
they aren't.

How do I check this out?

Is there some way to de-sulpher the plates or something to re-energize
them and save me a $130 trip to Sam's Club?

Capt. Jeff