Del Cecchi

Default Savanah River lakes about to come under assault

In article ,
(Rich Stern) writes:

| So, let me ask you... If someone were to want to fish from around YOUR
| home, how much would it cost... or could they fish there at all?
|
| Zero and yes. My home is 250 feet from the water, and my backyard stops 200
| feet from the water. The rest of the land belongs to the public. Fisherman
| fish around my dock all the time. I usually wake up to people in "my" cove.
| It's their cove, too.
|
| A contractor wants to build a house in the woods... an
| environmentalist already has one!
|
| I've got no problem with development. There is a vacant lot next to mine that
| I may develop if nobody else does. My concern is not continued development, as
| has been going on for 40 years. My concern is a completely new model, never
| tried before, where a dozen different counties in two states legislate, each
| independently, how the land immediately adjacent to a federally managed
| reservoir gets used.

Also it might be annoying if someone builds a house on that 200 feet of federal
land between you and the lake, once it becomes state land and they sell it off.
I understand your concern with management also. Although the Mississippi river
and Lakes Superior and Michigan seem to indicate that the problems are not
insoluble. The corps would still control the lake.
--

Del Cecchi

Personal Opinions Only