Misifus

JamesgangNC wrote:
If you are willing to do the work yourself the materials are not that much.
And there is not a lot of skill involved. It just a lot of messy tedious
work. That's why it's usually expensive.

"Misifus" wrote in message

I've read the discussions of this subject and thought I would share
today's experience. I recently bought a 17ft. Tidecraft center console
boat. I noticed that it had a little wear on the hull where the bunks
hit.

I took it in to find out why it was making water. The repairman tells me
that water had been getting into the hull and that the stringers and the
transome are complete rotted. Further, there is no way to get to the
stringers to repair them. In his opinion, the boat is a total loss.

I do, however, have a good 1997 Mariner 115hp motor. If that's a
consolation.

-Raf

--
Misifus-