Lloyd Sumpter

Default depth finder issues

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 15:02:21 +0000, WRH wrote:

IMOHO - Based on my experience with both, I would find out why the Garmin
isn't working properly. I would rather have a cheap Garmin than an expensive
Huminbird. Check your cable for frays/breaks but most importantly, check
your transducer installation. If you don't have a manual , you can probably
get it at http://www.garmin.com

While I don't agree about the brand issue (I have two Humminbirds and they
both work great), I WOULD agree that you should find out why your existing
setup isn't working. Most "mid to high speed" problems are associated with
the transducer, and all the sounders have basically the same ones. I'd
hate to put out $400 and end up with the same problem...

Lloyd Sumpter
"Far Cove" Catalina 36