Misifus wrote:
: I've read the discussions of this subject and thought I would share
: today's experience. I recently bought a 17ft. Tidecraft center console
: boat. I noticed that it had a little wear on the hull where the bunks hit.

: I took it in to find out why it was making water. The repairman tells
: me that water had been getting into the hull and that the stringers and
: the transome are complete rotted. Further, there is no way to get to
: the stringers to repair them. In his opinion, the boat is a total loss.

: I do, however, have a good 1997 Mariner 115hp motor. If that's a
: consolation.

It's not impossible to get at the wood transom and wood stringers. I had
both replaced in my boat. It just cost a bit of money. Like about $7K
:-(

b.