Gary G

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 12:52:51 -0400, Ryk
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 23:42:08 -0700, Gary G see.signature@bottom
wrote:

Then we have to deal with the immigration imbrogilo.

I don't think you'll find it a big deal. Unless you decide to make it
into one.

Don't bring firearms.

Don't bring alcohol or tobacco beyond normal ship's stores.

Call the toll free customs number posted at most points of entry and
report your arrival. Use a land line rather than a cell phone and keep
everybody on the boat until you are cleared.

You may find returning to the US rather more complicated because of
the separation of the INS and customs functions, and the shifting
rules.

Ryk

I know about the gun issue. No problem. I've seen reference to the
I-68 which no one seems to officially use. There is CANPASS and a PIN
thing. I will have to sort these out. 2005 Waggoner is helpful in
this regard. We will be likely going back in 2006 around beginning of
September--a very nice time.

The alcohol still puzzles me. The limit is around 1.1L of booze, xx L
of beer and (I think or) yy L wine per person. What does this mean?
Is this a duty-free limit? If in total there is more booze than
allowed, is it a matter of paying some tax or what? Same for wine and
beer. Then, the same question when coming back to US port. What
happens if there is say twice the "allowed" amount on board?

We have zero cigs.

Gary Gaugler, Ph.D.
Microtechnics, Inc.
Granite Bay, CA 95746