bob

Hello Steve:

Thanks for the reply. 3'x5' chain plates? Must be a big rig?!?

I'm not looking for an argument here. Just trying to muck my way
through boatbuilding tradition. I'm sure you've found in a few
insistences that the reason it is the "best way" is because they have
always did it that way. Time marches on and so do innovations. I may
very well find myself going with a polysulfide. But.....

However, I am hoping there is something "better" than polysulfide and
5200. My big question is: why does 5200 fail? You mentioned that it
does not take a squish very well. I know that 5200 can not handle temps
over 150 well. 3Ms data says 5200 can elongate 1300% with out
failure. So the pull in a gap should not be the problem. May the
problem is in the pinch?
Why do you say that 5200 can not take a squish? Is it damaged and lose
the bond??

Have you ever heard of Silaprene or used it?

Still in search