Terry Spragg

Mic wrote:
I like the concept of electric drive for a sailboat. snip
http://www.solomontechnologies.com/

I love it! Seems priced too high, but haven't finished reading yet.
Same electric wheel style "stepper motor" as the Eliica car? 11
magnet / 12 coil type design?

Magnetically shielded? What frequency chopper-offers at max rpm?
what about coil kickback voltage spikes when accellerating? Are
they "scavenged?"

How heavy, with a 2 hp genny and a small battery for daysailing a
29' to a mooring?

Also, I want a backwards tricycle 2 seat lawn chair "car" for town
commutes. One power wheel / brake at the rear. Canvas covers for the
rain. Snow tires and a skidoo suit might do for all year. All we
need now is electric shingles and repairable hi voltage battery
packs, complete with a recycling system for tired batteries. Might
even add a liquid nitrogen rechargable air conditioner good enough
for the week or so of really hot weather we get, with gps map-phone
and Ipod.

Foot your shok! shakin' you yet, elbonia? The answer to underpricing
gasoline is to not use it.

Oil is too valuable, too dirty to burn.

Terry K