bushman

Default Perkins water flow again

The last thread about this got me poking around. On my Perkins 4-108 1979 in
a 1980 Endeavour sloop the coolant tank sits on the thermostat and is hosed
into the exhaust manifold. Off the exhaust manifold runs a hose to the water
heater. The hose back from the water heater tees into the aft end of the
oil/transmission heat exchanger. I am having some overheating problems and
would like to try bypassing the water heater. Do I need to keep this loop
flowing or can I clamp it off? Will clamping force more water thru the
engine?
Thanks to everyone - Allen