Mark

check out www.glenl.com some real nice runabout plans there.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi, I'm working with a boatbuilder here in Philadelphia
(www.woodenboatfactory.org) to build a custom family runabout. We're
looking for a design that comes as close as possible to satisfying
these requirements:

- boat + trailer + engine = 2700lbs (towing capacity of my vehicle)
- small cuddy to shelter the little ones from bad weather and hide a
portapotti
- able to cruise comfortably at 15 - 20 knots through a light chop
- cockpit layout geared entirely toward socializing (cocktail hour)
- room for 2-4 adults and assorted little ones to cruise.
- wood-composite construction
- classic lines

If we had to compromise on anything, the first to go would be the
'classic lines'. it could look really wierd if it got the rest of the
job done.

As far as production boats go, the Nantucket comes closest to our ideal
both functionally and aesthetically.
http://www.boats-nantucket.com/index_uk.html. However, it's made in
France, and is too heavy at ~3700lbs displacement.

Are we unrealistic in trying to achieve all of this? Any ideas out
there for an existing design, or one that could be modified to suit?
Any designers interested in discussing further?