Jim

"Crappy Luan" is really a type of mahogany, which is looked down on
because it's used for door facing. I've built a few racing dinghys from it.

It's really good stuff. I've never had any of it fail.

I would only use epoxy glue.

#2 MiniCup developed a crack across the cockpit bottom where I had not
yet glassed it. Turns out the crappy 1/4 luan (bathroom underlayment)
is giving way. Removal of the paint reveals that the stuff is really
disintegrating. The remaining Gorilla Glue is also disintegrating. I
have enough 4 ounce/sqyd glass to do the entire boat. Will remove all
remaining Gorilla Garbage Glue and replace with epoxy fillets as well.

DO NOT use luan or gorilla glue if you value your life in your
homebuilt boat.