Capt Frank Hopkins

Default ALUMALOY: any experience?

I asked my maintenace guys about Alumaloy. They pulled out a package of
the stuff. I was told it is for making emergency repairs, but it won't hold
very long, nor very strong. For permament welds there is no replacement for
a proper welder. At least acording to my shop foreman.
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"Dave" wrote in message
I saw a TV add for a new product that supposedly makes welding repairs

aluminum much easier; it's called ALUMALOY. It's like a brazing rod,
requires no flux of any kind, and only requires propane gas temperature.
Almost seems too good to be true ... anyone out there have any

experience
with this stuff?

Same company also makes a similar product for stell and cast-iron;

however,
in these cases, a type of flux is required.

-- Dave