Capt Frank Hopkins

Default Can someone explain this?

The wire, being copper, has a much greater potential for carrying current
due to its electron shell. Electricity will always flow along the path of
least resistance. Bonding your boat with copper wire will reduce the points
of oppertunity for electrical conduction through the hull. It will also
equalize stray current electrolysis, and lessen damage to your hull. It is
especially important to make sure tramsmitters and antenna are properly
bonded.
--
Capt. Frank

__c
\ _ | \_
__\_| oooo \_____
~~~~|______________/ ~~~~~
www.home.earthlink.net/~aartworks
"CCred68046" wrote in message
The amount of current the boat hull carries. I can get a ground from

the
hull, but I run a large wire to a terminal block with ground and power.

OK. I can get a ground anywhere too.
So are you saying that if everything is grounded seperately by a wire

running
back to the battery it will flow through the wire and not the boat? Mine

is
wired this way, but a lot of the electrical devices are mounted directly

to the
aluminum and will work without the ground wire.

Is this because the wire has less resistance than the boat?

Is the object here to keep the current at a minimum, Im sure SOME of it

will
always go through the hull just because of the motor and the electrical

items
attached to the boat.

Is there anyway to test how much is going through the hull and what is
considered a safe level?