Starbuck

Doug,
I am familiar with PHRF and PHRF racing. The PHRF is not a number based
upon he performance of that particular boat, it is the handicap for the boat
that has been maintained in ideal conditions and is in pristine condition.

Don has told us this is a fixer upper and has lots of work to do. It is not
reasonable to expect a major fixer upper to be competitive in any PHRF race.
That particular boat is very sensitive to added weight, such as added weight
due to water absorption into the gelcoat and fiberglass.

"DSK" wrote in message
Starbuck wrote:
Don,
It might make a good fixer upper for cruising, but I would be very
surprised if it would be completive in PHRF racing.

Why? Any boat in good shape with a good sailor at the helm can be
competitive in PHRF. Do you know what the letters stand for?

Don White wrote:
Our 'skipper' isn't a serious racer. He liked to do the Wednesday night
club races and the usual regattas, but that was about it.
He really wants the boat for afternoon social cruises. His usual MO
.....leave the slip at 1300 or 1330 hrs, sail as far as he can until
about 1530 hrs and then turn around and head for home. If everyone on
board is having a good time with food & drink..good conversation etc,
he's happy. I tired of this after numerous trips and am more interested
in exploring.

Ideal boat for that use... unless the cost & work getting it into
satisfactory shape kills his interest in the boat first.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King