Roger Derby

Try to find "The Gougeon Brothers on Boatbuilding." These are the guys that
developed and marketed West System epoxies and their newsletter has
described uses including lots of applications in swimming pools,
architectural stuff, etc. As you might suspect, the book describes the many
boats they've built using all sorts of techniques. Well written with lots
of pictures. Their techniques work well with System Three products, but
don't tell them. http://www.westsystem.com/

System Three gives away "The Epoxy Book" on their web site.
http://www.systemthree.com/index_2.asp
Free if you register and download and print it yourself. It covers much of
the same material in a lot fewer pages, but do read both. (Skip the first
few paragraphs of The Epoxy Book if you really don't want to hear about the
chemistry.)

Roger (I think S3 might have less blush than West, but then maybe I've
just been lucky.)

http://home.earthlink.net/~derbyrm

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Thanks again to all for the help. I plan on going to the local
university library to learn a bit more about fiberglass before making
my decision. Do you have any personal favorite books on the subject?
The Vaitses book has already been mentioned, it is on my list.

I'd like something fairly basic, nothing that gets too in-depth about
the chemistry, or about industrial-type methods. I'd like to learn
about covering plywood with glass, making a 1-use mold, and also
free-forming (doesn't have to all be the same book). Also I'd like to
learn about the different properties of mats/cloths, different types of
resins, gel coats, foams, etc. Thanks.