Brian Nystrom

Brian D wrote:
Soooo ...what about hardness as compared to epoxy, and what about vinylester
as a gap-filling glue? If the hardness is similar or higher than epoxy but
the elongation and shear strength is not lower than epoxy, then that would
be great. If the vinylester can and will bond like epoxy, that that would
be great. When I say 'bond like epoxy', that means non-shrinking
gap-filling and stronger than the wood ...the wood fails before the glue
joint fails when you perform destructive tests. If vinylester can't live up
to these standards, then I'd stick with epoxy (haha).

Vinylester and polyester are laminating resins, not adhesives. They are
not a substitute for epoxy in bonding applications.