David Flew

I don't think a university library will be much use . The sorts of things
you need to know are exactly what Universities are NOT about.

I'd spend a bit more time on the web, looking at manufacturer's sites. I'd
also do some careful cost estimates based on what you might end up paying
for appropriate materials. Then double it for the inevitable learning curve
and wastage costs for the first time one- off, add another 100% for fixing
it sometime in the future ... and compare this with what a commercial
product is worth. You might decide it's not something you want to do.
Perhaps talk to a small commercial manufacturer, see if you can make a mould
and have them produce from it ...
David
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

Thanks again to all for the help. I plan on going to the local
university library to learn a bit more about fiberglass before making
my decision. Do you have any personal favorite books on the subject?
The Vaitses book has already been mentioned, it is on my list.

I'd like something fairly basic, nothing that gets too in-depth about
the chemistry, or about industrial-type methods. I'd like to learn
about covering plywood with glass, making a 1-use mold, and also
free-forming (doesn't have to all be the same book). Also I'd like to
learn about the different properties of mats/cloths, different types of
resins, gel coats, foams, etc. Thanks.